Smart ideas for designing a white bathroom help create a spacious feeling. In addition, white is a soothing color that symbolizes neutrality and cleanliness. The color is often associated with simplicity, purity, youthfulness, inspiration, harmony and clarity of purpose.
Although some may consider white to be boring, but creative ideas for having a luxurious white bathroom can make the room look glamorous and sophisticated.
You can incorporate various shades such as cream, off white, milk white, seashell, snow, pearl, ivory, gray, beige, etc. This theme can be successfully applied in kitchens and bedrooms as well.
Cool Ideas For Designing A Beautiful White Bathroom
- When planning to have an all-white bathroom, carefully choose the shades for walls, ceiling, vanity, sink, woodwork, and other similar elements. Basically, the shades should blend well for a consistent look.
- Ideas ,eant to creating white bathrooms focus greatly on ambient lighting, both natural and artificial. Lighting and reflection of the overall décor through the mirrors make the room appear attractive and bright.
White is particularly considered as a great choice for small bathrooms as it creates the illusion of a larger room.
- Too much white, however, can make the room look and feel cold. Thus, you can include hints of warmer colors like brown, red, orange or yellow in the décor. Besides, you can use faux painting techniques like sponge painting or ragging, etc. on walls to add depth and texture.
- You can adorn the room with stained glass shower doors, decorative glass windows and keep miniature rose bush plants in the room.
Have a look at the amazing 24-by-36-Inch Etched Lace Window Film shown above. It has a three-dimensional quality and produces the effect of textured glass. The thin window film self-adheres to smooth glass and is easy to remove. You can find this product at Amazon at a price of $22.79.
- Using white travertine, glass or pebble mosaic tiles is another interesting idea that can be incorporated when striving to create an impressive bathroom in white color. They can be used a backsplash, shower and floor tiles.
Depending on the color of tiles, you can use grout of a contrasting shade such as sandy, grey, ivory, beige, taupe, and so on. Furthermore, you can have a white granite or marble countertop.
Here’s a video showing a bathroom tile design on white and grey colored tiles.
- In case you are planning to create a vintage bathroom in white, you can include brick-shaped white subway tiles. Besides, you can consider having black and white checkerboard patterned or hexagonal flooring.
- As for shower, going for glass shower enclosure is a superb idea to match the theme of a bathroom in all white. Plus, you can opt for a white bath tub. Look for a clawfoot tub if it is a vintage bath.
- Try to include white fixtures and avoid the colored ones. Nevertheless, you can choose towels, bath rugs, wastebasket, and other bath accessories in contrasting colors.
For instance, you can get woven bamboo area rugs. You can find this product (shown above) on Amazon at a price of $19.98. It is a 21 x 34 x 1/2” bath mat that is resistant to water.
- When not interested in ideas that help create a completely white bathroom, consider incorporating trims and accents in other colors like red, black, pink, blue, green, brown, and so on. The biggest advantage of white is that it can go well with any other color. Combination of black and white, in particular, is elegant and timeless.