Ideas for charming pink bathrooms emphasize on enhancing the beauty of vintage pink bathrooms which were quite popular in 1950s. It is believed that this idea was first introduced by Mamie Eisenhower, the wife of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
By the 70s, these bathrooms were no longer considered hot and stylish as people started incorporating white and muted tones. Nevertheless, creative ideas for stylish pink bathrooms are again gaining popularity now.
Ideas for Pretty Looking Pink Bathrooms
- The beauty of a pink bathroom depends a lot on the type of shade that is used. Thus, if you are planning to have a charming pink bathroom, go through as many shades of pink as possible in order to find the perfect one, such as soothing seashell pink.
Interestingly, according to color therapy, the color pink is associated with temporary decrease in aggression. It is considered as a soft, youthful and feminine color that relieves tension and grief. Excessive use of pink, on the other hand, induces passivity.
- In case a bathroom with pink color all over is too much for you then you can include other colors as well. For instance, you can try combinations of pink and black, pink and beige/brown, pink and taupe, pink and white, etc.
- Enhancing the looks of your bright bathroom with funky accessories like unusual cupboard knobs, hooks, holders, floor rug, waste basket, Venetian mirror, artwork, and other Caribbean-inspired accessories is another fabulous idea for decorating a pink bathroom. It draws the attention away from pink.
For instance, you can get a zebra shower curtain by Creative Bath Products, Inc. from Amazon at a price of $19. This is a particularly useful tip for those who have an old house and are stuck with retro pink bathrooms. After all, getting rid of those old mortared tiles is an expensive and labor intensive task.
- Though difficult, still you may consider painting pink tiles using two coats of primer that is specifically meant for ceramic surfaces. Finally, use high gloss paint. Before starting the painting work, you will have to roughen the glossy surface of tiles with the help of fine grit sandpaper.
- You will find that most ideas for renovation of bathrooms featuring classic pink color require extensive use of pale white or grey on the walls and floor (checkerboard flooring is a nice idea).
Besides, you can incorporate a theme like tropical or shell beach theme through wallpaper and shower curtain. Moreover, consider using white fabrics with black or brown trims to tone down the pink color.
- To subdue the effect of pink, select dark colored curtains, towels and bath mats. Soft muted greens also go well with pink. Avoid extremely bight white because it is likely to accentuate the presence of pink.
- Another renovation idea for a pink-colored bathroom is to go for pleated window shades and blinds with black or brown decorative drapery. To create coastal feel in your bathroom, place a jar filled with sea shells. To make the bathroom look modern and glamorous, you can add a small scale crystal chandelier.
On the other hand, to achieve a retro look matching the old fixtures of vintage pink bathroom, put a stainless steel magazine rack, a decorative photo frame exhibiting an old magazine cover and vintage light fixtures.
- When creating a new contemporary bathroom in pink select pink blinds or window curtains. Plus, look for sink base, backsplash, shelves, toilet lid, and other fixtures in pink or combination of pink, grey and tan.
Those of you who do not have a separate laundry room may plan to use the same room for laundry chores as well. Thus, the same pink theme can be extended to the laundry area to achieve consistency.
- Fascinating ideas for incorporating pink color in the bathroom also involve the use of accessories such as pastel pink or purple porcelain vases (artfully arranged in a pattern), soap dishes, toothbrush holders, candlesticks, beautiful wall mural, floral shower curtain, and so on.
In case you are not a fan of floral curtains, choose shower curtains featuring a geometric pattern or maybe polka dots. Romantic pink bathrooms can include adjustable lights with a pink tint.