Ideas for designing as well as decorating a master bathroom strive to create a luxurious and spa-like bathroom for personal indulgence.
Plus, you can select beautiful and elegant vanities and add other bath accessories to the room to make it more appealing.
Basically, this room is attached to a master bedroom and it is the most important bathroom in the house. In fact, an impressive and stunning master bathroom can help increase the resale value of your house.
Ideas for Designing Charming Master Bathrooms
- A master bathroom should be designed in accordance with the style of the master bedroom so that it seems like an extension of the bedroom. It is best to pick a theme and follow it consistently for creating a harmonious look.
- Some of the most popular ideas for developing a comfortable master bath lay emphasis on inclusion of radiant heat flooring, heated towel racks, steam showers, whirlpool baths, etc.
Here’s a video showing some useful ideas for updating and renovating a master bathroom.
- It is suggested to organize the bath fixtures in a centralized location rather than arranging them against a single wall monotonously. Ideally, a master bathroom should be minimum one-third the size of the bedroom to which it is attached.
- Installing a rain shower head mounted on the bathroom ceiling is another fabulous idea that encourages relaxation in a master bathroom.
For instance, have a look at the Kohler K-8030-CP WaterTile Rain Overhead Showering Panel in polished chrome finish (shown below) costing about $405.01 instead of $704.10 at Amazon.
It includes four 54-nozzle adjustable spray heads. As the sprayface is fully adjustable, you can choose from a range of installation options. It is available in brushed chrome, vibrant brush nickel, vibrant brush bronze, vibrant polished nickel and vibrant French gold finishes as well.
- Latest master bathroom trends focus on distressed wood or cut stone backsplash in the vanity area. Coming to the wall tiles, travertine, pebble stone, glass and mosaic tiles look elegant.
- Keep fresh flowers, scented candles, bath oils, and other similar supplies in the bathroom.
- Make use of translucent glass panels or half walls in the master bathroom to separate the toilet or shower area.
- Another impressive idea that can be used in a master bath is to create a visual impact by proper use of lighting and mirrors. Ambient lighting can bring out the bathroom colors aesthetically. Consider putting charming wall sconces or pendant lights on either side of the vanity or bath mirror.
Plus, an extravagant chandelier can enhance the beauty of the room. Use dimmable lighting in the room for relaxation and convenience for middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom.
- When choosing mirror for a contemporary bathroom, go for unframed mirrors in geometric shapes. Nowadays, television mirrors are quite popular in master baths.
- As for windows you can use fabric window treatments or matchstick blinds, depending on the master bathroom décor.
You can also consider using obscure glass patterns for windows. In addition, go for splendid frameless goblet bath entrance doors. If possible, add a skylight in the room.
- In case the room is small, consider using ideas for developing a master bathroom in white color to create a simple and romantic personal haven. Besides, bathrooms with small spaces do best with garden windows because they help add dimension in the room.