Using rainbow colors in the room is perhaps one of the most popular ideas that can be used in kids’ bathroom. Nevertheless, designers usually suggest keeping a neutral base and then play with vibrant colors to decorate the room so that you can change the bath décor from time to time as the kids grow.
Ideas for dream bathrooms meant for kids strive to create a fun and exciting place for them to learn and grow, especially for children who dread bath time. Plus, do not forget to include colorful beach towels and bath toys.
Creative Ideas For Decorating A Bathroom for Kids
- The best idea for beautifying a kids’ bathroom is to pick an inspiring theme such as marine life, cute animals, flowers, Disney theme, etc. and decorate the room accordingly.
If you are not interested in a theme, though, you can use bright colors in the room by way of designs like polka dots or multi-colored stripes to make it lively. For instance, get a rainbow-inspired shower curtain.
- Wall murals can help a great deal in creating the perfect backdrop for a kids’ bathroom. Moreover, you can stencil paint any interesting proverb, saying or quote high up on a wall. When choosing wall paints, select the ones that are washable. Consider using wainscoting panels because they are easy to clean.
- Another easy idea that can be used in a kids’ bathroom is to paste self-stick appliqués like wall stickers or decals. You can consider buying RoomMates RMK1261SCS Bubble Bath Peel & Stick Wall Decals from Amazon at a price of $12.99.
The product includes a set of 29 wall decals that can be applied on a smooth surface, whether painted walls or tiles. In addition, you can get Duck Tub Tattoos, again from Amazon for $4.99.
They are perfect for non porous and non textured surfaces. Apart from duck, they are available in monkeys, frogs, flamingos, turtles and clownfish designs.
- You can opt for anti-slipping bath mats for a bathroom meant for kids. For example, you can get Thomas The Tank Bath Mat from amazon.com for $16.59.
It is a sturdy and comfortable non-slip vinyl mat that comes with skid resistant cups. Besides, you can use slip-proof stools in the bathroom.
- There is also the option of having durable, child-sized plumbing fixtures. Needless to say, install proper overhead as well as task lighting in the room to avoid accidents. Include smart outlet and faucet covers as well.
Here’s a fabulous Skip Hop Moby Bath Spout Cover (shown above) with an adjustable fin strap and blowhole that allows convenient access to shower diverter. You can get this spout cover at Amazon at a price of $12.95 instead of $13.
- Ideas for aspects like storage and organization in a bathroom specifically meant for kids lay emphasis on placing the baskets, shelves and caddies at convenient height so that children can reach them comfortably, without getting hurt. Furthermore, try to avoid sharp edges and thus, have rounded bathroom countertops.
- Install safe door knobs and go for toddler toilet seat covers.
- You can also keep personalized bath accessories like bath towels and wraps with your child’s name on them. Besides, look for cool and funky bath accessories such.
Have a look at the Dinosaur Friends Kids Bathroom Shower Curtain Hooks (shown above). It is a set of 12 silver toned hanging hooks prepared from resin. The set is available at Amazon at a price of $10.99 instead of $12.99.
- You can also find various types of shower curtains that are suitable for kids’ bathrooms. In addition, look for a unique bath mirror. While decorating the room, though, include items that enhance the bath décor without making it feel crowded and cluttered.
While searching and incorporating cool ideas for designing nice bathrooms for kids, make sure you analyze them thoroughly and follow the ones that are practical and safe for your children as they are playful and hence, likely to bump into things.