Thoughtful ideas meant for creating guest bathrooms allow you to express that you care for your guests. These tips and suggestions can help you create a wonderful and unique bathroom for guests.
After all, as Kahlil Gibran puts it, “If it were not for guests all houses would be graves.”
Ideally, a guest bathroom should be equipped with night light, a non slip bath mat, towels, washcloths, at least one waste basket, air freshener, a clean brush or comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and disposable cups, hand soap, moisturizer, tissues, and extra bathing supplies like shower gel, razor, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
Ideas for Impressive Guest Bathrooms
- Glass mosaic and graphic patterned tiles are fabulous for guest bathrooms. You can opt for classic white ceramic tiles, too.
- Color ideas for beautifying guest bathrooms lay emphasis on shades that make the room appear bright and clean. Thus, try to incorporate colors like white, blue, soft green, and so on.
- If you think that the room is dull and boring, consider using faux painting techniques to enhance the beauty of a wall or furniture. Besides, you can decorate the room with framed murals.
- Another interesting idea for making a guest bathroom look appealing is to go for monochromatic color scheme like black and white. It has a clean and sophisticated look.
- Consider keeping common medicines like anti-diarrheal pills, acid reducers, aspirin, bug spray, first-aid kit, and so on, in the room.
- You can also place scented oil, scented candles and a matchbox in the guest bathroom to make your guests fell pampered. Installing a heated towel rack is a great way to add luxury.
- You can keep decorative soaps and soap dispensers in the guest bathroom. For instance, consider the Fresco Roosters Soap Dispenser shown below.
This multi-colored soap dispenser features a beautiful design. You can find it at Amazon at a price of $8.50 instead of $11.09. To make the room more inviting, place a figurine or sculpture on the countertop.
- Fold fluffy and lovely towels for guests artfully. Alternatively, you can roll the towels and stock them neatly in a rack or wicker basket.
- Make provisions for drawers and shelves is a wonderful idea for a well-organized guest bathroom. This will help your guests store their make-up bags or shaving kits easily in the room. If possible, add a comfortable chair, too.
Here’s a video giving tips on how to outfit a guest bathroom.
- Look for faucets and other bathroom fixtures that coordinate with the overall bathroom décor. If it a modern bathroom, choose towel bars, door knobs, cabinet latches, etc. in chrome finish. Select brass or nickel finishes in case of vintage bathrooms for guests. Ususally, guest baths do best with clean lines and minimalist design.
- Coming to the lighting, make sure you include overhead and task lighting in the bathroom. Consider using a dimmer, to soften the sharpness of lights during night time.
- Choose stylish sinks and vanities. Plus, get a nice shower; rain showerheads are quite popular these days.
- Ideas for decorating a guest bathroom involve the use of bathroom art and accessories such as flower vase, wall painting, fake plants in a decorative container, decorative mirror, shower curtain, etc. You can also place a cute bathroom sign on the door. Needless to say, the guest bathroom should be cleaned at least once in a month.