The most important aspect of ideas striving to incorporate modern décor in the bathroom is to create an elegant, outstanding and unique design.
Contemporary bathrooms enhance the visual appeal of the area by including stylish fixtures, bath vanity, and accessories.
Modern and contemporary themes usually involve bright and bold colors with subtle shades. Nowadays, however, beautiful bathrooms are using a combination of pink and brown as well. Plus, lemon yellow, grass green, purple and ivory are also not uncommon.
Brilliant Ideas for Awe-Inspiring Contemporary Bathrooms
- Smart ideas meant for creating fashionable bathrooms incorporate the use of contemporary tiles for bathroom walls and flooring. Thus, more and more people are opting for glass and mosaic tiles to set a tone.
Moreover, you can choose pebbled stone or stainless steel and glass tiles for bathroom backsplash. These materials are aesthetic, durable and easy to clean. If your bathroom has a low ceiling, use narrow strips of tiles (with less grout) running vertically on the walls.
- Modern bathrooms focus on bigger tiles. Patterned tiles, too, have a dramatic effect when used only on a portion of the wall.
- Creating a black and white bathroom is another amazing idea. When not interested in black, consider taupe, beige and pink in the bathroom.
Colors like aqua, silver and ivory help create a spa-like feel. In case the bathroom does not have access to sufficient natural light then do not use extremely dark colors.
- Geometric patterns and colorful graphics against plain backgrounds add to the beauty of a modern bathroom. You can also decorate it with an attractive art piece.
Check out this video showing some contemporary bathroom designs.
Keep in mind that modern décor is often characterized by clear lines, squares, rectangles and less curves. Thus, your bathroom vanity, cabinets, and other fittings should feature simple silhouettes and minimalist design.
- Choose elegant bath lighting fixtures matching the overall color scheme and style of the bathroom to create a harmonious ambience.
There are various designs of wall sconces and other types of lighting solutions to choose from. Try to have bright and crispy lighting arrangement in the room, though away from the tub and shower area.
- Another interesting idea that can help develop a contemporary bathroom is to look for unique bathroom fixtures and accessories without unnecessary embellishments. Glass, stone and marble basins in bright colors like turquise are quite popular these days. Make sure you choose articles that are practical and functional as well.
For instance, consider getting the Contemporary Single Handle Waterfall Bathroom Vanity Faucet shown below.
It features solid brass construction and has a smooth, chrome finish. The metallic faucet features an angular shape and low arc design. It is available at Amazon at a price of $45.99 instead of $86.25.
Besides, you can browse through several websites of home-improvement stores to find something that suits your style. While decorating the bathroom, make sure you do not add clutter as it will defy the very purpose of creating an inviting retreat.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”- Leonardo da Vinci
- Use wood elements along with metallic accents for a soft, pleasant and warm feel. You can select bamboo bathroom vanity and window treatments. Besides, you can use a tinted glass divider in the bathroom.
- While contemplating on contemporary ideas for designing an incredible bathroom, you can consider choosing classical Art Deco styling. It is an ornamental style based on geometric shapes.