Ideas for creating monochromatic black and white bathrooms can give a classy, elegant and coordinated feel to your bathroom. You can keep the background in white so that the room appears more spacious and serene.
The theme is suitable for small as well large bathrooms. In addition, combination of black and white is classic and timeless. Thus, the contrast of black against white can never go out of style.
Ideas for Designing a Black and White Bathroom
- Getting a checkerboard or hexagon flooring pattern with black border is an incredible idea that you can use for a black and white bathroom. In case you are bothered about cleanliness, avoid white grout; instead opt for charcoal grey.
- As tiles create a dramatic addition to the setting, look for beautiful and charming designs while choosing shower tiles or backsplashes. Explore various options such as vein marble, glass, stone and mosaic.
- Black and white bathroom décor can be enhanced by incorporating a similar themed wallpaper, shower curtain and white towels with black stripes or borders.
For instance, you can consider the InterDesign Leaves Shower Curtain shown below. It features a Zen-inspired leaf pattern that fits brilliantly in a contemporary bathroom.
This water-resistant shower curtain is prepared from polyester. It has reinforced top hem and rustproof grommets. It is best used in combination with a shower liner. You can find this stylish 72 by 72 inch shower curtain on Amazon at a price of $14.99.
- Add character to the room by selecting stunning black and white bath accessories. Besides, you can opt for luxurious black wrought iron bathroom hardware like lighting fixtures, towel rack, and so on.
Check out this video showing black and white interior designs.
Another simple idea for decorating a black and white bathroom is to incorporate zebra prints, harlequin, and black and white floral patterns.
- Popular ideas for vintage bathrooms in black and white lay emphasis on more white or cream. Plus, decorate the room with vintage mirror, art piece, crystal chandelier, chair, black and cream toile wallpaper, antique flower vase with roses or calla lilies, gold-tone hooks, brass hardware, etc.
- Coming to the bathroom vanity, you can consider getting a black granite countertop on a stark white vanity. Similarly, you can choose a white or black tub, and toilet.
Preferably, find a tub that is painted high gloss black outside and white inside. When aspiring for a modern and contemporary black and white bathroom, select bathroom fixtures that have less curves.
- Apart from black and white, you can include a splash of some other color like pink, green or red. For instance, fresh ideas for a pink, black and white bathroom can focus on the inclusion of hot pink bathroom accessories such as toothbrush holder, sink stopper, etc. in black and white theme bathroom.