Creative ideas for decorating the walls of a bathroom involve the use of wall paint, tiles, colors and wall art to turn a boring and unattractive bathroom into a refreshing retreat.
You can think of a particular theme and apply it in the wall décor. Moreover, you can use the walls efficiently by having built-in recessed shelves on them.
“Colors answer feeling in man; shapes answer thought; and motion answers will.”
- John Sterling
Ideas for Adorning Bathroom Walls
- If you are planning to create a rustic bathroom, you can use stone or tumbled marble wall tiles. Moreover, spa bathrooms look best with pebble rock wall. Besides, you can opt for stunning glass and mosaic tiles.
- In case you are looking for affordable ideas that can help beautify bathroom walls then consider having simple ceramic subway tiles on walls. To make it visually appealing, you can add a row of interesting mosaic tiles high on the walls as a border, or create a beautiful centerpiece with mosaic pattern.
- Dark and cozy bathrooms can use warm colors like burgundy, black, brown, etc. on walls. Small bathrooms, however, do best with light and neutral shades that make the room appear bright and spacious. Thus, you can paint the walls in white, yellow, cream, pink, light peach, and other similar colors.
- You can use faux painting techniques like sponge painting, color washing, ragging, etc. to add depth and dimension.
Here’s a video showing to sponge paint in multiple colors.
- Creating a feature wall with the help of stencil painting is another fabulous idea for enhancing bathroom wall décor. Besides, those who are inclined towards art can try painting a wall mural depicting flower, butterflies, baby animals, aquatics, garden, natural scenery, abstract pattern, or any other design of your choice.
- If you want an easier solution then you can paint vertical monochromatic stripes on bathroom walls so that they do not look boring and monotonous. If fact, monochromatic bathrooms have a crisp, clean and elegant appearance.
Check out this video showing how to do a wall décor with stickers.
- Using wallpaper as a wall covering or trim is a nice idea for decorating the walls of a kids’ bathroom.
- Experiment with wall borders. We usually take the borders for granted and assume that they ought to be straight only. However, when you think creatively, you can play with wall borders by giving them the shape of waves. Consider adding geometric shapes in case of a modern and contemporary bathroom.
- Include wall mounted lighting fixtures, sconces or pendants on a wall on either side of the bathroom mirror. You can also use wall décor like Umbra Wallflutter Wall Décor (shown above), available at Amazon at a price of $18.92 instead of $22. It is a set of 20 wall décor dragonflies that can be mounted on a wall.
- Adding bathroom wall art is one of the best ideas for decorating the walls of your batghroom. Thus, you can hang a decorative picture frame, painting, poster, wall clock, etc. on the wall to make it interesting. However, while putting these items, make sure the room does not look cluttered and chaotic.