Ideas and suggestions regarding the use of tiles in the bathroom depend on aspects like bathroom tile colors, designs, patterns, materials, and so on.
New ideas for choosing tiles in the bathroom shower, for instance, involve the use of subway tiles as it is a quite a popular trend these days.
People usually install tiles in bathrooms because they are durable and easy to clean. Moreover, multi-colored and decorative tiles can pump up the bath décor. Besides, you can use your creativity and arrange the tiles in a nice pattern or design.
Ideas For Creating Beautiful Bathroom Design With Tiles
- Use of tumbled marble tiles helps create soothing natural tones perfect for Tuscan bathrooms. Reflective milk glass tiles add to the beauty of white bathrooms. Pebbled stone tiles, on the other hand, are excellent for Zen-inspired spa bathrooms.
- Hand-painted tiles and tile murals such as decorative nautical tiles also look fantastic. In addition, you can create a collage of tiles in different shades of the same color. For example, you can add personality in a bathroom by using multi colored tiles in uneven borders.
- Tiles can make a room appear bigger or smaller. Hence, when considering ideas about having tiles in a small bathroom go for large, light-colored tiles that create the illusion of more space in the room. In case of a large bathroom, you may use dark colors to make it feel cozy.
- Ceramic is the most popular material for floor tiles because it is durable, affordable, water-resistant, and easy to maintain. Vinyl and laminate tiles are also quite common.
To make the floor interesting, though, you can add floor tile borders in different shades. Black and white bathrooms can have classic checkerboard flooring pattern.
- Natural stone, glass and mosaic tiles look great on bathroom walls as well as floors. These tiles are expensive, though. Stone tiles come in dull as well as shiny finishes.
They include marble, travertine, slate, sandstone, granite, and so on. Natural stone tiles usually go well with both contemporary and traditional style bathrooms.
- Opting for a combination of tiles is another wonderful idea to consider when using bathroom tiles. For instance, you can combine attractive mosaic and glass tiles.
Glass and stainless steel mosaic tiles also look fascinating. Prefer to use decorative tiles in the shower area to make it more inviting. You can incorporate silver and metal accents, too.
- Choosing tiles in violet, light blue or green colors is a wonderful idea for tiles to be used in a spa bathroom. Plus, select an appropriate shade for grout.
Here’s a video showing some tile design ideas that can be incorporated in bathrooms.
- As for bathroom countertops, you can go for granite or quartz countertops. Besides, you can consider installing expensive but eco-friendly terrazzo countertop or recycled glass terrazzo flooring. Terrazzo is mostly used in commercial buildings because of its long lasting quality.
- Slate tiles have a warm, rustic yet aesthetic appeal. They are impervious to stains and require little maintenance. As these tiles have a rough texture, they are considered non-slippery.
You can consider using ideas involving slate tiles for rustic and Tuscan bathrooms because these tiles usually have two or more hues. Plus, they are available in a variety of earth-tone colors. Slate tiles can be used on walls, backsplash as well as flooring (these tiles soak up water, though). Make sure you use no or low sheen slate tile sealant.