Unique ideas for having smart storage solutions in a bathroom let you expand the space available for storage and organization in a smart way.
You can add attractive shelves, drawers, racks, hanging baskets, caddies and of course, cabinets in the room for storing various bathroom supplies.
Proper arrangement for storage helps avoid clutter in the bathroom. Thus, it makes the room appear clean and organized.
However, while planning to add storage solutions in the bathroom, make sure you choose options that are practical and functional for your bathroom setting. So, take proper measurements beforehand in order to avoid confusion.
Creative Ideas For Smart Bathroom Storage Solutions
- Wall mount recessed cabinets and cupboards are functional and appealing. Have a look at these products at a home improvement store to find something that can fit in your bathroom. Objects that are not used frequently can be stored on top of the cabinets.
- Utilizing the space under the sink is a nice idea for enhancing storage space in a bathroom. You can have slide out organizers or shelves units there and add wicker baskets for storing towels and toiletries. Besides, you can get an under the sink bathroom storage cabinet with slide-out basket. Needless to say, store the items that you do not use regularly at the back.
- You can also make use of corner space by adding a tall and narrow freestanding cabinet, or mounting a caddy or shelf, especially in the shower area. For example, you can put Fresca Bath Corner Glass Bathroom Shelf (shown below) with a triple chrome finish.
It is prepared from brass and particularly suitable for a contemporary bathroom. You can find this corner shelf at Amazon and ATG Stores.com at a price of $42.04 instead of $52.55. Dimensions: 8.5” W x 8.5” D x 1.5” H
- Over the toilet storage is one of the most popular ideas making clever use of sapce for bathroom storage. Thus, depending on your needs and preferences, you can go for over-the-toilet storage units, racks, shelves, etc. For instance, you can consider getting the Zenith Products Matte Black Spacesaver shown below.
It is prepared from wood and has matte black finish and brushed chrome door pulls and leg trim. There is an open shelf under paneled doors. You can find this product at Amazon at a price of $166.90 instead of $225. Dimensions: 67” H x 9.4” D x 28.1” W.
In case you are interested in bamboo then consider Bamboo Space Saver (shown above) available at Overstock at a price of $134.99. It has one door and two shelves. Dimensions 66.93” H x 10” W x 27.56” D.
- Similarly, use the space behind the bathroom door by hanging canvas shelves and installing towel racks or hooks. You can also add shelves on cabinet doors and install slide out towel bars on the either side or back of a cabinet. Besides, you arrange for having a shelf above the door or window, under the ceiling.
- Another easy way out involves installing mounting hardware on a wall and hanging woven baskets on it. In addition, you can keep a ladder storage unit leaning against the wall as a towel rack.
You can also hang beads and necklaces on it. Alternatively, to conserve space, you can use a wrought iron or wooden rack and stack rolled towels in it.
- Adding drawers in the vanity cabinet and mounting recessed shelves on the wall and side of the cupboard surrounding the vanity is a good idea for increasing storage capacity in bathroom vanity. Consider replacing your pedestal sink with a cabinet vanity or transform a dresser into a vanity.
- Try not to spread items on the countertop clumsily. Look for decorative boxes, wood bowls and glass jars in which you can store cotton balls, q-tips, small bottles, make-up, etc.
Here’s a video showing some great ideas on organizing a small bathroom with proper storage solutions.
For convenience, you can pour solutions from large bottles in smaller ones as they are easier to store. In addition, it helps avoid wastage due to accidental spills.
- It is essential to think about cool ideas for using the space in a small bathroom wisely for storage. Rubber coated wire racks and floating shelves (above the countertop or below bathroom mirror) are extremely useful in this regard.
Plus, you can look for a mirrored medicine cabinet for storing frequently used medicines as well as everyday grooming supplies. As a small bathroom has limited storage space, store the surplus in some other room.