Unique ideas for interesting bathroom showers focus on adding features that make the shower area look aesthetic and feel luxurious.
To begin with, you need to choose a nice shower design. Plus, you can select elegant shower doors, faucets and other accessories.
“Everyone who’s ever taken a shower has an idea. It’s the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference.”
- Nolan Bushnell
USeful Ideas for Incredible Bathroom Showers
- You can convert the shower are into a spa-like retreat by installing a multi-function showerhead, multi-angle sprays and water jets. Custom shower systems, however, require more water and water pressure.
- Opting for rain-style and massage showerheads (disperse water in pulses) is another interesting idea when considering about bathroom showers. For instance, you can find the Akdy Tempered Glass Shower Panel Rain Style Massage System (shown below) at Amazon at a price of $319 instead of $769.
It is a perfect choice for contemporary bathrooms. The 51-inch tempered glass shower panel system includes a rain shower head, flexible hand shower, tub spout and eight massage jets.
It features LED temperature indicators and requires minimum 29 psi and maximum 72.7 psi pressure. Generally, waterfall shower heads are more expensive
- LED temperature sensitive shower heads help you judge the temperate of water before stepping in the shower. Moreover, this is a cool idea to change your mood with exciting colors.
These color changing showerheads do not require batteries or electricity because they are self powered by water current.
You can get a 7 Color LED Bathroom Shower Head (shown above) from Amazon at a price of $23.99 instead of $69.99.
- If you are fond of showers but at the same time want to conserve water and energy, you can purchase a water-saving shower head like the one shown below.
This American Standard FloWise3 Function Water-Saving Showerhead. Its features turbine technology to create an energizing flow and uses up to 40% less water as compared to other shower heads. This product shall cost about $35.97 instead of $65 at amazon.com.
- When choosing a shower head, make sure its finish matches with the finish of other bathroom fixtures. In case you are creating a vintage bathroom then choose the finishes in brass, bronze or nickel. Modern and contemporary bathrooms, on the other hand, do well with fixtures and shower heads in chrome finish.
- Latest shower ideas focus on steam showers as well. Steam is highly beneficial for providing relief from sore muscles and stiff joints. Plus, it helps improve circulation and relieve anxiety.
Needless to say, it gives you a rejuvenating spa experience, and you can even combine aromatherapy with steam by adding herbal oils in it.
Installing a steam shower is a wonderful idea, especially when you are thinking about remodeling your bathroom. Besides you can install a modular steam unit. Walk-in steam showers are available in various shapes like octagonal, pentagonal, etc.
- Coming to shower tiles, it is best to use ceramic, stone or marble tiles as these materials are impervious to water and steam. You can make use of tile murals on a shower wall to make it more beautiful and artistic. For a waterfall-like feel in the shower, use rocky slate tiles on walls.
- Including bathroom art is a fabulous way to enhance the appearance of the room. However, you must be willing to add music and entertainment, too. Thus, you can use a splash-proof wireless bathroom speaker or a wireless bathroom speaker for iPod.
- Going for walk-in shower stalls is a particularly great idea for including showers in small bathrooms. Nowadays, more and more people are opting for glass shower enclosures and avoiding bath tubs. In order to beautify the small space further, you can buy a decorative shower arm.
- Those who like to make the shower area appear separate from the rest of the bathroom can add a platform, and a frameless shower door to make a clear division. Have a look at the Kohler Fluence Frameless Bypass Shower Door in Matte Nickel with Clear Glass (shown below).
It has a quarter-inch thick crystal clear glass. It is available at Home Depot at a price of $299. Dimensions: 59.625” W x 70.3125” H x 7.3125” D
- Apart from the usual hanging shelves and shower caddies, consider having elaborate built-in recessed shelving on the shower wall. It works as a nice storage solution and looks sophisticated.
- Inexpensive ideas meant for accessorizing showers areas in bathrooms involve the use of shower curtains and liners instead of shower stalls. You can choose shower curtains that match with bathroom décor and color theme.