Choosing a fabulous color scheme that you find attractive and refreshing is the most important aspect to be kept in mind when trying to come up with ideas about paint colors to be used in the bathroom.
While choosing the colors, though, remember that the impact of a paint color depends largely on the quality of lighting in the room.
Plus, take the size of your bathroom into consideration. For instance, light, pastel shades help create an illusion of more space in a small bathroom. Similarly, you should avoid dark colors when there is insufficient natural light in the room.
Creative Painting Ideas for Beautifying Your Bathroom
- Select the bathroom paint color that complements the color of most other fixtures installed in the room.
- Opting for faux painting techniques (such as sponge painting, ragging, whisking, color washing, stippling, etc.) is one of the most popular and economical ideas focusing on using paint in the bathroom in an nnovative way.
Watch the following video showing how to faux paint granite.
Faux finishes create depth and texture replicating materials like wood, stone, marble, and so on, thereby removing the element of boredom. It can be done on walls as well as furniture.
- In case there are blemishes on walls, you can faux paint with crinkled tissue paper to hide them creatively.
- Applying wall mural is another interesting paint idea for enhancing the beauty of a bathroom and promoting relaxation. For this, you can derive inspiration from natural scenic beauty or something that goes well with your bathroom décor. Besides, you can try stencil painting on a feature wall by incorporating a decorative design.
These solutions are better than wallpapers, which are likely to peel sooner or later in the bathroom’s moist environment.
Check out this video to understand more about stencil painting.
Before starting with any of these artful painting techniques, though, make sure you get the mold and mildew removed from the wall. In addition, apply a primer coat to prevent the growth of mildew and resist moisture.
- Modern and contemporary bathrooms emphasize bold and contrasting colors, including, pink, green, aqua, red, yellow, etc. In fact, the trend of pink bathrooms that was introduced in the 1950s has returned again now. Thus, you can paint the room in a soft seashell pink.
- Those who are not ready to experiment with bold colors can go for soft and neutral shades on walls. Paint the ceiling in a darker color.
Finally, incorporate bright and bold colors by way of bath accessories such as bath rug, towels, flower vase, wastebasket, and so on. In addition, bathroom cabinets can be painted in matching colors.
- Choosing a washable matte, moisture-resistant, semi-gloss paint for the bathroom is a valuable idea because it gives a soft glow to the walls. Steer clear of high gloss paint in a brightly lit bathroom, including large windows as it is likely to create unnecessary glare.
- If you want to include more than a single color on the wall without taking the pain of painting a design on the entire wall then you can limit the design to a particular section (preferably centre) only.
Moreover, you can draw vertical stripes using two to three colors to add a touch of style and make the room look taller as well. Raindrops in varied colors also look nice. Do not overdo, though.
- Ideas for painting children’s bathroom invariably involve extensive use of attractive and exciting cherry colors. Plus, it is suggested to keep the color of walls lighter than that of tiles. This makes the walls look larger somehow.