Intelligent ideas that help in organizing a bathroom focus on utilizing bathroom space effectively for storing various bathroom supplies and toiletries.
You can make use of storage solutions in the form of cabinets, cupboards, freestanding shelves, caddies, etc. in a clean and organized way in order to avoid clutter.
For instance, if you do not have a bathroom vanity, you can get a tall and narrow freestanding unit with open shelving and place it in a corner. Plus, if there is limited space, you can use door hanging racks and hooks.
Smart Ideas For Having A Well-Organized Bathroom
- Having built-in recessed shelves on a wall is an immensely popular idea in this regard. Organize the things lying haphazardly on the countertop by keeping them in a couple of attractive containers.
- Consider getting a tub rack for keeping soap and bath tub accessories. You can find Umbra Aquala Bamboo and Chrome Bathtub Caddy (shown below) at Amazon at a price of $39.95 instead of $55.
This bamboo and chrome caddy is durable and comfortable to use. It includes a foldable soap holder, wine glass holder and book support. It measures 28” x 8.5” x 1.5”; chrome arms can slide out up to 40 inches to fit in a large tub.
- Ideas for organizing bathroom closets and cabinets involve the use of a number of shelves, drawers, divisions and pull out racks.
Cabinet handles and ends of towel racks can be used for hanging loofahs and scrubbers. Plus, you can have a pullout basket or plastic unit with drawers under the sink beside the pipe for keeping cleaning supplies.
Here’s a video giving tips on organizingyour bathroom.
- Medicine cabinets can be used to store frequently used medicines, sunscreens, cleaning solutions for contact lens and other everyday grooming supplies.
You can find frameless mirrored medicine cabinets in various stores. Make sure you check the medicine cabinet to remove the expired medicines, unused lotions, and other waste products from time to time.
- Getting a multi-purpose caddy is an extremely useful idea for keeping your bath supplies in an organized way. For instance, consider buying Medicine Cabinet Organizer by InterDesign. This 3.2 x 12 x 5.1 inch vanity organizer can be used in a cabinet or countertop.
It is prepared from resipreme plastic and features a pull out drawer and numerous compartments for storing medicines, cosmetics and other toiletries. You can find this product at Amazon at a price of $9.43 instead of $12.99.
- Roll the towels and washcloths, and store them in bamboo or wicker baskets. Besides, you may use towel bars on the side of a large bath vanity, or install a multi-tiered rack on the wall.
- It is suggested to store in the bathroom, only those items that you need daily. Thus, keep the surplus like extra soaps, shampoos, etc. elsewhere. However, you can store extra toilet paper rolls in the bathroom.
- Ideas meant for organizing small bathrooms lay emphasis on over-the-door organizers. Thus, you can use DAZZ 42-Pocket Over-the-Door Organizer if you do not have a towel hanger on the door.
It is made from cotton canvas material. It is available in beige and natural color at Amazon at a price of $14.66 and $12.99 respectively.
- If your bathroom walls have tiles, opt for holders and organizers with suction cups.
- Personal care items and bath toys can be stored in a bath shower caddy or organizer, too. For instance, have a look at the Maytex Mesh Bath Shower Organizer (shown above) available at Amazon in $9.49. It has six mesh pockets. This machine washable shower organizer can be hooked onto shower rings.
- You can store Q-tips and cotton balls in a beautiful apothecary glass jar. It can also serve as a decorative item on the countertop. Have a look at the York Apothecary Large Clear Bathroom Storage Jar shown below.
This attractive jar is prepared from crystal clear durable glass and has a chrome lid. It shall cost about $9.99 instead of $12.99 at amazon.com.
- In case you are looking for an organizer for storing your hair dryer, curling iron and gear then consider getting Polder Style Station (shown below) costing $19.85 instead of $24.99 on Amazon. It has a silicon base, stainless steel mesh and plastic construction.
The black style station includes split compartments on the rear bin for storing cords. You can hang it on a towel rack, place it on a countertop or keep it in a cabinet. Dimensions: 9.8” L x 5.8” W x 9.5” H
Bathroom organization tips and ideas involve storing the items after sorting them categorically, that is, having particular sections for keeping mouth and teeth care products, skin care products, hair care tools, perfumes and body sprays, shaving supplies, and so on.