Adopting modern and creative ideas making use of bathroom mirrors is a great way to enhance the appearance of a large or small bathroom. These mirrors are available in various shapes, sizes and designs.
Thus, it is up to you to choose a mirror that coordinates with the style of your bathroom to add depth and dimension. Plus, combination of mirrors and lights helps create a bright and lovely ambience.
“Mirrors are ice which do not melt: what melts are those who admire themselves in them.”
- Paul Morand
Mirror Ideas For Creating A Stunning Bathroom
- Bathroom mirror can enhance the beauty of an art piece or frame placed on the wall across the mirror by reflecting its image. Interestingly, having a large mirror outside the bathroom door is considered good according to Feng Shui.
- Contemporary bathrooms usually require simple and less ornate mirrors. Modern bathrooms include sleek mirrors with metallic frames. Vintage bathrooms, on the other hand look great with antique and elaborate mirrors.
- Contemplate on ways and ideas use mirrors in the bathroom to help enhance the lighting in your bathroom. Thus, you can place the mirror near a window so that it reflects natural light.
- Glass framed bathroom mirrors have a captivating appeal. You can find them at home-improvement stores in a number of designs like Multi-facet, Bubble, Vega Square Block Framed, etc. Bathroom mirror TV is an extremely unique choice for a lavish and luxurious bathroom.
- If you are interested in frameless mirrors, choose your bathroom mirror in a geometric shape design to add a touch of elegance in the bath décor. You can also consider getting a funky or beveled mirror.
While cleaning the mirror, make sure you do not use a combination of commercial as well as homemade cleaning solutions. Distilled white vinegar mixed with a bit of lemon juice works as an effective cleaner for getting rid of grime from the mirror.
- A smart combination of mirror and lights can make a small bathroom look comparatively large and spacious. Hence, you can install wall sconces on either side of the mirror.
In addition, you can place two-three mirrors strategically in the same bathroom. Full-length mirrors are functional and fabulous. In case of space constraints, though, you may use a mirrored medicine cabinet.
- To make an existing mirror more appealing, add a custom frame around it. This is an easy and affordable idea that can enhance the beauty of your bathroom merely by making changes around a boring mirror. Framed mirrors are stylish and trendy. Use a wooden frame in case you are fond of a rustic look.
- Vanity mirror can have accent lights around it. Make sure the bathroom mirror frame above the vanity matches with vanity design.
- Those who do not like to manually clean steam from bathroom mirrors can get an electric mirror defogger.
- Surrounding the mirror with beautiful glass, stone or mosaic tiles as a frame is one of the best ideas for creating a spellbound effect using bathroom mirror. Besides, this serves as a wonderful backsplash idea, too.