Thoe who do not like to spend lavishly on elegant bathroom furniture to make it look stylish and luxurious can work on clever ideas to build a pretty bathroom with limited budget.
In fact, decorating ideas for these inexpensive bathrooms lay emphasis on affordable ways and means to add vibrancy in the room.
Do not be fooled into believing that because a man is rich he is necessarily smart. There is ample proof to the contrary.
Ideas for Developing and Renovating A Bathroom on a Budget
- Visit a yard sale, flea market or thrift store and look for unusual objects that you may use creatively to decorate your bathroom.
- Instead of buying stylish but expensive furniture, like bathroom cabinets and vanities, just add impressive knobs and handles on them to make them attractive.
- Smart ideas for creating bathrooms with limited budget involve the use of sturdy yet attractive accessories and storage units. Bamboo is a great choice in this regard, for contemporary as well as rustic bathrooms. For example, you can consider getting the InterDesign Formbu ECO Tank Top Tray shown below.
It is a charming cologne tray prepared from natural bamboo. It is available at Amazon at a price of $13.99 instead of $16.99.
- Colors and lighting play a crucial role in enhancing the bath décor. Thus, you can choose bold accent colors like purple, fuchsia, burgundy, etc. to make the bathroom more appealing. Plus, you can decorate a wall with a group of small mirrors surrounding a big framed bathroom mirror. This will also create an illusion of more space. Hence, it is particularly a good idea for decorating a small bathroom with less cost.
- If you cannot use materials like marble, granite, wood, etc., try faux painting techniques on walls and furniture to add depth and texture. Those who are skilled in painting can paint a wall mural. Besides, you can create a feature wall in the bathroom with the help of stencil painting.
Here’s a video showing how to stencil paint.
- Decorative tiles like glass and mosaic are fabulous for bathroom walls and floor but they tend to be expensive. Nevertheless, you can include them as borders on top of the walls. Besides, you can add decorative motifs.
- Place affordable yet adorable decorative boxes and glass jars on the countertop for storing cotton balls, q-tips, etc. You may also display marbles, crystals and river rocks in a glass bowl.
- Bathroom signs, wall stickers and decals are some other affordable items that you can display in your bathroom to make it look different. In addition, you can look for cheap and inexpensive bath rugs, shower curtains, decorative towel hooks, and so on.
For instance, at Amazon, you will find a set of 130 Sky Blue and Lime Green Polka Dots Circles Wall Décor by Wall Sayings Vinyl Lettering at a price of $15.99. The set includes 65 blue and 65 green mural decal stickers that can be applied on flat surfaces or walls. They are prepared from high-quality vinyl.
- Fantastic ideas for contemporary yet inexpensive bathrooms focus on creating a minimalistic bathroom. You can choose bathroom hardware in chrome finish for an elegant feel. Plus, get a curved shower rod from a discount store. Keep bathroom wall art to a minimum.