Bathroom is one of the most frequently used areas in your house. Thus, you can apply some interesting ideas for decorating this room to turn your bath into a welcoming retreat where you can relax and forget your troubles for a while.
To begin with, you need to choose attractive paint colors for walls. Moreover, you can choose different tile designs for walls, flooring, backsplash and countertop. Plus, the decoration ideas focus on fantastic selection of bathroom furniture and accessories.
Ideas For Enhancing The Appeal Of A Bathroom Through Decoration
- Think of decoration ideas revolving around a theme such as tropical, beach, floral, vintage or rustic theme. Colors also play an important role in a nice bath décor. After all, as Leigh Hunt puts it, “Colors are the smiles of nature.” Thus, you can choose to have a white, pink, gray, aqua, brown, green, purple, or black and white bathroom.
- In case are not sure about using a bold color all over then you can use it as an accent color. For instance, you can include bright yellow, red, or orange as an accent color in a black/white bathroom.
- You can place a small potted plant near the window and include candle arrangement in the bathroom to convert it into a calm and relaxing space.
Here’s a video giving affordable ideas for decorating a bathroom.
- Ideas for decorating bathrooms in apartments lay emphasis on inclusion of beautiful bath accessories like shower curtain, bath rugs, tissue holders, decorative soaps and soap dispensers, vinyl adhesive artwork, flower vase, etc. because you may not be allowed to repaint the room or change any bath fixture.
Have a look at the above shown Country Stars & Hearts Bath Rug by Collections Etc. It is a folk art style bath rug with slip-resistant rubber backing. You can find this soft bath rug at Amazon for $11.99.
- Look for decorative baskets and containers for keeping washcloths and storing small bath supplies. Moreover, you can install glass shelves in the bathroom.
- Choose eye catching pulls and knobs for bathroom door and cabinet doors for decoration. Similarly, towel hooks, faucets, even stoppers are available in various styles.
- Using removable wall tile stickers or decals is another wonderful idea for decorating a dull bathroom, especially for those who cannot change their bathroom tiles.
For example, you can get Country Stars and Berries Peel & Stick Wall Decals by RoomMates (shown above) at Amazon for $10.97 instead of $12.99. The set includes four sheets, that is, 40 wall decals which can be applied on a dry, smooth and clean surface.
- Go for interesting toilet lid covers or toilet tattoos. For example, you can use the Palm Frond Design toilet tattoo that is shown above. It is a reusable and removable appliqué for the toilet lid.
The tattoo is prepared from electrostatic vinyl film and is thus, easy to clean. It is meant for standard smooth toilet seats, not the soft padded or wooden ones. You can this green toilet tattoo from Amazon at a price of $9.95.
- Select an awesome bathroom mirror that goes well with the style of the room.
- Towels can also be used for enhancing the bath décor. Thus, popular ideas that help decorate bathrooms without fuss involve the use of fluffy towels folded in hotel style.
Plus, you can choose multicolored towels or white ones with colored borders and display them on a wine rack towel holder. Besides, you can use decorative ribbons or tassels to tie bath and hand towels together, and place them on the towel holder.