Smart ideas for stylish bathroom countertops focus on choosing gorgeous countertops that go well with the tiles, flooring, cabinetry and overall bathroom décor. Laminate, ceramic and granite are some of the most popular materials used in countertops for bathrooms.
Laminate countertops, in particular, are available in numerous colors and patterns. In addition, they are cost effective and easy to maintain (non porous).
Laminate is not a solid material, though. A bathroom countertop should be prepared from a material that can endure moisture, stains, mineral deposits, and resist mold and mildew.
Cool Ideas for Having Stunning Yet Durable Bathroom Countertops
- Natural pebble tiles create a fantastic bathroom countertop. You can also create a custom bamboo countertop, especially for country cottage bathroom décor.
- Opting for quartz countertops in polished, honed or textured finish is one of the most popular ideas for including a trendy countertop in your bathroom. The material is extremely non porous, durable, hard, maintenance-free, and it resists mold/mildew.
Plus, these countertops have an exquisite and aesthetic appeal. Hence, they can enhance the beauty of a modern and contemporary bathroom. Moreover, a quartz countertop for bathroom does not require sealing and is perfect for a busy bathroom.
- Some other choices for bathroom countertop materials are glazed or matte ceramic tiles, granite, concrete (with strong geometric lines), terra cotta tiles, stainless steel, Brazilian slate, glass and wood.
Countertops for bathrooms can also be prepared from engineered stone (for instance, manufactured quartz, enameled lava stone, solid surfacing) or alternative stone (soapstone, limestone, and travertine).
- In case you are interested in a glass countertop, make sure you install it in a low traffic bathroom because it is susceptible to damage.
- Decorating the area with potted plants, flower vase, crystals in a decorative glass jar, etc. is a fantastic idea for beautifying a bathroom countertop.
Besides, faux painting on the countertop can make it look even better. For instance, you can give a faux marble finish to a laminate countertop. Moreover, depending on the décor, you may sprinkle some metallic dust on the countertop.
Check out this video showing how to paint a laminate countertop.
- Black or white granite countertops can add to the beauty of black and white or all-white bathrooms. You can include a decorative backsplash, too.
- When considering glazed tiles, you can select a slip-resistant finish.
- If you are looking for an interesting idea for vanity countertop, you can install a glass sink bowl on the countertop to make it more attractive.
- Inexpensive countertop ideas for a nice bathroom involve the use of tiles like porcelain or linoleum. When creating a countertop with tiles, use large-sized tiles in order to reduce the grout lines. You can choose plain or hand-painted tiles. Besides, you can add glass mosaic tiles for color.