Brilliant ideas for incorporating colors in your bathroom can transform a dull and unattractive bathroom into a cool and exciting room perfect for rejuvenation.
You can implement ideas for having attractive and colorful bathroom walls, floor, ceiling, cabinets, and fixtures.
“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind. As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.”
- John Lubbock
Ideas For Including A Variety of Colors In A Bathroom
- Black, white, pink, blue, green, red, and yellow are the most popular bathroom colors.
Moreover, to get a more attractive appearance, you can use color combinations such as black and white, red and white, pink and beige, yellow and black, orange and yellow, purple and white, etc. Select ceiling paints in soft hues, though. Plus, the floor color should be darker.
- Color ideas for beautifying bathroom walls, cabinets and other furniture can be accentuated or toned down with the help of faux painting techniques like ragging, sponge painting, and so on.
- Those who are fascinated by rich, earth tones can include stone tiles (travertine, for instance) in pale, natural colors. Bathroom countertop can be in marble. Sea-inspired bathrooms can have glass tiles in aqua color.
- Consider the combination of aqua, cream and deep red to for a spa-like, dreamy bathroom. For a warmer feel, try orange, cream and burgundy. It is usually suggested to pick at least three to four shades to incorporate light, medium and accent colors.
- Choosing light and neutral shades is the most common idea that can be used in a small bathroom to make it look spacious. Thus, white is a preferred choice for small spaces.
- Jewel tone bathrooms feature colors like amethyst, ruby red, amber, gold, silver, aubergine, sapphire blue, deep purple and emerald green with the help of jewel-tone accent tiles. You can add a splash of color by selecting area rugs, shower curtains, and other bath accessories in jewel tones.
In addition, use decorative glass or etched glass window films. Plus, surround the vanity mirror with synthetic jewels. Choose the bath vanity in a metallic shade.
- The amount of natural and artificial lightings in the room also affects the bathroom color scheme. It is considered better to go for light and bright colors in a bathroom that does not have any window.
- Another fabulous idea making your bathroom appealing with the help of colors is to make use of complementary shades. Monochrome bathrooms, nonetheless, have a crisp, clean feel and hence, look elegant and charming.
- More often than not, modern and contemporary bathrooms sport bold colors. Same is the case with kids’ bathroom. However, if you are not comfortable with bold colored bath décor, and are not sure about using wall paints in strong colors then simply decorate the room with bathroom art in bold color.
- When planning on a dark-colored bathroom, look for bathroom fixtures with bronze or nickel finish.
- Creative ideas for incorporating colors in a bathroom may also involve the use of towels. Thus, bath towels can include a highlight color that blends well with the color of wallpaper, backsplash or shower curtain.