While thinking about incredible ideas in term of the ceiling of your bathroom, consider factors like the sort of materials that you would like to use, ideas regarding ambient bathroom lighting and paint color ideas for the ceiling.
Plus, you also need to keep the ceiling structure in mind, that is, whether it shallow or steep. When selecting a material for the bathroom ceiling, make sure it is resistant to moisture and humidity. In addition, you will have to take measures to avoid mold/mildew.
Exciting Ideas For Modifying The Ceiling Of Your Bathroom
- High ceilings add a dramatic effect in the bathroom. Moreover, it is believed that ceilings that are built high encourage abstract thinking. Low ceilings, on the other hand, have a cozy feel and encourage analytical thinking.
- Ideas for enhancing the appeal of a small bathroom emphasize on adding a skylight to the ceiling. Needless to say, creative use of lighting and mirrors can make the room seem beautiful and spacious.
- Bathrooms with sloping or slanting ceiling are best decorated with bold and two-tone colors. If you want to create a calm and soothing space then you can go for a monochromatic look with walls and ceiling in similar colors. Use of wall art should be minimal in such cases.
- In terms of paint, latex eggshell and semi-gloss paints are considered good for bathroom ceilings, especially when the room is well ventilated. These coatings are moisture and mildew resistant.
They also offer a little sheen on the surface. In addition, applying several layers of paint on the ceiling works as an effective vapor barrier.
- In case the ceiling is too high then you can consider installing a false ceiling combined with appropriate lighting as a wonderful idea for modifying the ceiling. Suspended ceilings for bathrooms, however, should be prepared from materials that resist moisture.
Thus, you can try tough polymer resin, or some other suitable material. Similarly, properly ventilated basement bathrooms can feature dropped ceiling. For instance, you can use fiberglass drop ceiling tiles laminated with vinyl facing for this purpose.
- When trying to create a vintage bathroom, you can use tin drop ceiling. Because of its reflective surface, tin also creates the illusion of a high ceiling.
- Going for ceiling murals is another fabulous design idea for decorating the ceiling in a bathroom. Besides, you can opt for a tiled ceiling. When chosen wisely, tiled ceilings look beautiful and resist moisture, too. Though, make sure you opt for high-quality grout and prefer concrete board.
Here’s a video showing a bathroom renovation with innovative ceiling covering.
- Bathroom ceiling with low-voltage recessed lights or downlights (with a dimmer) are awesome. These lights make the room bright and ambient. Plus, they can be used as task lights as well. Spotlights and semi flush ceiling lights are quite popular in contemporary bathrooms.
- Using ceiling panels over traditional bathroom coverings prevent damage due to moisture. For example, a rustic bathroom can have a wood-paneled ceiling.
- You can also incorporate ideas for a beautiful ceiling in the bathroom by using fabric. This can help cover ugly ceiling tiles. Plus, the look and color of a softly draped fabric across the ceiling would enhance the beauty of the room.