Impressive ideas in terms of bathroom cabinetry help set the tone of the room. The cabinetry, however, should be elegant yet functional as it is meant to store extra towels and toiletries.
In addition, bath vanity is another important aspect of a bathroom. Big families can even go for double bathroom vanities.
Nowadays, there is increased focus on incorporating bathroom cabinetry not only for creating storage space but also as a stylish piece of furniture.
Ideas for Choosing Fantastic Bathroom Cabinets and Vanity
- Bathroom cabinets should be constructed from sturdy materials that can endure water and steam. Thus, you can opt for MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), plywood, oak, cherry, maple, mahogany, plastic laminate, wicker, etc.
Furthermore, depending on your bathroom décor, you can choose cabinet with either solid wood or glass door.
- Ideas for including appropriate cabinets in a small bathroom usually involve the use of wall mounted cabinets to conserve floor space. It is a great way to store things in an organized manner rather then leaving them scattered on the countertop.
- You can consider buying this incredible Decolav Mila Wall Mounted Cabinet in Black Lima and Mahogany (shown below). It has an open cubby, two doors, three shelves, towel bar and stainless steel hardware.
The interior shelving is adjustable. This 22” W x 9” D x 26” H cabinet, beautified with exotic veneer is available at Home Depot at a price of $698.60.
- You can ask a professional or contractor to determine the bathroom space and area reserved for cabinets. If interested in a side cabinet, consider getting Ameriwood Espresso Bathroom Storage Cabinet from Amazon at price of $114.65 instead of $221.99.
This well-built espresso cabinet offers open as well as closed shelf space. It has three open shelves, one drawer and two shelves behind the door. Some shelves are adjustable, too. Another advantage of this narrow and tall cabinet is that it does not take up plenty of floor space.
- Turning a piece of salvage furniture into cabinet is another popular idea that can be applied for adding cabinets in a bathroom. Salvaged wood shelves and cabinetry, in particular, enhance the beauty of a vintage bathroom.
Check out the amazing Pegasus Estates Vanity in Rich Mahogany with Granite Vanity Top in Imperial Brown (shown below). It includes a white vitreous china undermount sink, too.
It is an exquisite and aesthetic bath vanity features a 4-inch high backsplash as well. It has two doors, six exposed and one concealed drawer. You can find this 48 inch vanity with bronze cabinet hardware at Home Depot, costing $925.
- When designing a modern bathroom, look for a contemporary bath vanity. For example, have a look at the gorgeous American Standard Cardiff Vanity shown below.
It features frosted glass door inset and poplar wood construction with birch veneers. You can get this bath vanity from Amazon at a price of $381.92 instead of $560.
- Installing wall mount cabinets above the vanity or pedestral sink and placing wall sconces on either side is a great idea. Besides, in case there are space constrains, you can go for a simple over-the-toilet bathroom cabinet.
You can find Virgo Bathroom Space Saver Accent Cabinet (shown above) at Overstock in $107.05 instead of $151.99. It is prepared from MDF and features two cabinet doors and a shelf. Dimensions: 68” H x 25” W x 8” D
- Decoration idea for beautifying bathroom cabinetry involves the use of wonderful cabinet accessories such as door knobs, handles, hinges, tabletop, etc.
Moreover, add a splash of color by painting and refinishing for a charming look. Keep in mind that the design of bathroom cabinetry should coordinate with the style of the bathroom.
- You can also include a bathroom medicine cabinet as well. For instance, consider the Kohler 16″ Wide Recessed Medicine Cabinet.
It is an aluminum cabinet with 16”W x 20” H x 5” D dimensions and half-inch beveled mirrored door. This rust-free recessed cabinet with silver interior shall cost about $99 instead of $148.25 at Amazon. It is also available at Lowes.
- Popular ideas for contemporary and modern bathroom cabinetry lay emphasis on frameless, mirrored cabinets with recessed glass shelves. Slab and channel style cabinets have an exquisite appeal.