Best ideas for cool bathroom backsplash designs combine functionality with aesthetics. More often than not, people prefer to use ceramic tiles, mirrors and stone slabs for decorative backslashes in bathrooms.
In addition, design of the backsplash should go well with the decor of your bathroom in order to enhance the overall appearance. Thus, choose a color that complements the wall and floor color.
Basically, the purpose of a backsplash is to protect the wall behind the sink and bath tub from splashes. When used creatively, a wonderful and soothing backsplash design can help relax your mind.
Given below are some interesting backsplash ideas for a dream bathroom
- Glass is among the most incredible materials used for backsplashes. In case you are looking for an eco-friendly solution then you can go for recycled glass tiles in matte or gloss finish.
As the name suggests, it is prepared from glass wastes that end up in landfills. In addition, recycled glass requires less fossil fuel and is reshaped in a lesser amount of time (takes more time to install, though).
In terms of functionality, these attractive tiles are resistant to stains and chemicals. They are suitable for outside use as well.
Recycled glass tiles do not hold water and hence easy to clean. They are available in different colors, shapes and sizes.
Another advantage of these tiles is that they reflect light and make the area look brighter. They are fairly durable but tend to be expensive and prone to scratches.
- Clear Plexiglass and smooth back-painted glass tiles are some other options for bathroom backsplash. Besides, you can combine glass tiles with natural stones to create an aesthetic design.
- Opting for contemporary mosaic tiles is one of the most popular ideas for beautiful bathroom backsplashes. You can choose marvelous textures, patterns and colors that match with style of your bathroom.
To make this idea cost effective, you can get a border of small mosaic tiles on a plain tiled backsplash. Benefits of opting for mosaic tiles are that they are easy to maintain, unaffected by humidity, customizable and durable.
- Adorning the area with a beautifully framed mirror surrounded by glass, metal or marble mosaic is another interesting idea for backsplash in a bathroom. Besides, you can come up with a pattern design by pairing different types of tiles to form a backsplash.
Here’s a video showing how to install a tile backsplash.
- Consider getting pebble tile backsplash pattern for your bathroom or shower using polished or unpolished pebble tiles.
The mesh backed pebble tiles help create a dramatic look. Besides, you can use this idea for Zen-inspired bathroom flooring.
- Using laminate vanity backsplash is another superb and affordable bathroom idea in terms of backsplash. In addition, you can look for stunning stainless steel backsplash with texture. They are beautiful, easy to clean and available in a number of patterns and designs.
- Well-chosen marble and natural stone tiles work as fabulous bathroom backsplashes. For instance, you can consider tumbled stone, layered stone, onyx, travertine (sets a rustic, earthy tone), limestone, polished bathroom slate tiles, and standard granite backsplash. Moreover, you can decorate your bathroom with metal and stone backsplash murals.
- Ceramic tiles are durable and affordable. Those who like ceramic as well glass tiles can combine the two by getting a band of glass tile on the border of ceramic tiles as an accent. This is a more affordable way to incorporate expensive glass tiles on the backsplash.
In case you have a small bathroom then it is better to focus on ideas that emphasize the use of light colors and transparent tiles for bathroom backsplashes. So, check out some home-improvement stores to select a decorative backsplash for your bathroom.